Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises in 2012

One of the reasons why I absolutely love Christopher Nolan, he is absolutely unlike many other film makers easily swayed by the dollar sign. Every movie he made so far were pretty much "stand-alone" kind of movies, the kind that doesn't really sets itself up for a sequel.

However, some might argue that the last Batman movie did end with quite a bit of a cliffhanger. Although I personally think it was simply as a mean to complete the character arc for Bruce Wayne/Batman. Still, it did leave everyone with an anticipation for more, and so Christopher Nolan confirmed that he will make one final Batman movie entitled, The Dark Knight Rises.


The Villain(s)
1. Two-face and The Joker won't be returning, that much is confirmed.

2. We'll be having Bane, and he will be played by Tom Hardy, best known as Mr. Eames in one of the best movies ever made, Inception [2010]. You might remember Bane in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin [1997] a.k.a The Worst Batman Movie Ever Made They're Gonna Have to Reboot the Franchise to Save It. Bane was the one wearing that gimp mask. Watch the interview below for a clearer picture.


What is interesting is how the character Bane is going to work, considering that he is rather cartoonish to fit in Christopher Nolan's bleak, gritty and closer-to-reality interpretation of the Batman universe. Sure, Tom Hardy can beef up if he needs to, like he did for Bronson [2009]...


... but still Bane is like, professional wrestler huge, the kind that eat steroids for breakfast. But still I say, trust Christopher Nolan.

3. Selina Kyle a.k.a Catwoman will also be making an appearance, and she will be played by Anne Hathaway. She has proven time and time again that she looks great in black...


... and even if she can't top Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of the character, I doubt that she'll be worse than Halle Berry in Catwoman [2004].

I'm afraid little else is confirmed at this point, but I'm not complaining. Christopher Nolan is known to play things very close to the chest, and let's just trust him to continually make one masterpiece after another.

3 comments:

Ninja said...

I'm interested about how Bane will look... In the comic books, Bane is freakin' huge! As huge as The Hulk...

Whereas, Tom Hardy is quite lean...


Also, Anne Hathaway!! I kinda fell for her after watching Love and Other Drugs... But, I don't think she'll make a good Catwoman...


I hope Nolan knows what's he doing... He needs to make the next Batman as good as The Dark Knight or better!! Now that's a tough challenge...

Donut said...

Seriously I have a bone to pick with those who thought the ending to TDK was a cliffhanger. What do you expect? Happy ending like those Schumacher disasters?

I thought it was a beautiful but tragic conclusion after a long battle of wit and deception between the Batman and the Joker. It shows how Batman/Bruce Wayne stands as more than just caped vigilante.

"I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be."

Phew. Been wanting to get that off my chest for quite some time. For the casting...I dunno much about Tom Hardy, and I never thought Catwoman as a suitable choice for Nolan's grittier take on Batman, but hey, I still remembered how everyone called Ledger "Brokeback Joker" when his name was announced and look what happened when TDK came out...

Just my two cents.

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

*updated*

I forgot to mention how Tom Hardy can beef up if the role calls for it.

You guys made very good arguments, but after Memento [2000], Christopher Nolan has made a believer out of me. Hahahaha...

I didn't even cringe when I heard Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker because I believe Nolan knew what he was doing.

Needless to say, I can't see how it will all work for now, but I trust he cast both actors because he knows how they will all fit in his vision of Gotham.

So let's all wait and see and I'll be on a lookout for more Batman news~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!