Friday, March 18, 2011

Coming Soon: Your Highness


Release Date : June 23rd, 2011 (Malaysia) - subject to change
Director : David Gordon Green
Starring : Danny McBride, James Franco, Zooey Deschanel, Natalie Portman ♥, Justin Theroux

This movie is going to come across as being very weird. If you think A Knight's Tale [2001] was very anachronistic, it's going to look pale and very subtle in comparison to this period piece co-written by Danny McBride himself. I guess the best way to explain it would be, if you take all those Judd Apatow-esque humour and take it back to the Middle-ages. Check it out;


Or perhaps what I should have really said was, "if Pineapple Express [2008] was taken back in time". But don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the premise of the story, but rather the tone and type of humour. However, what's more interesting is if you conduct a quick search about the movie on YouTube, you'll discover that there are two versions of the trailer.

The one I posted above was cleaner by comparison, so you might want to check out the R-rated trailer also. Be cautioned though, it might not be for everyone. It gives the impression of a dirtier and possibly more offensive movie. Let's just say there's plenty of jokes about masturbation and sexuality.


I don't know about you, but I'm more interested to see the Restricted version of the movie. Although it is more likely that they'll tone it down in order to attract a wider range of audience. Check out the difference you immediately would have noticed between the two trailers (aside from the complete absence of swear words in the first trailer);

Hint : Digital panties
Oh Natalie Portman... *wipes sweat off my forehead*

Owh wait, me wanting to see the Restricted version has nothing to do with that. I'm just the type who likes it when a movie holds nothing back, even if the difference between the two is only a bunch of dick jokes. Either way, I'm sure much of the humour will remain intact regardless of which version makes the cut.

2 comments:

John Connor said...

Zooey!
Natalie!

Damnit... Must watch...

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Hahahahaha!!
My sentiments exactly, bro!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!