Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guns N' Roses Film Cameo

I am a huge fan of Guns N' Roses, especially during those days when they were just five guys in a band. I think they're easily the best and worthy of mention alongside other iconic bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones or any other rock bands along that line. I'm not referring to their music, though. I mean that in terms of their cultural impact and significance.


But anyway, I'm not here to chronicle or pay tribute to what I believe is the greatest hard rock band of all time, I just found something off the internet that I find rather interesting. See if you can spot the guys in this funeral scene. Don't bother looking for Izzy, though.


Hahaha... Yeah, that was all. A cameo so small it's hardly worth a mention especially if you're not a GN'R fan to begin with. Anyway, the movie was The Dead Pool [1988], the last time Clint Eastwood played Dirty Harry. How on Earth did they ever end up in a movie? Even though I've read Slash's autobiography, I can't recall exactly how, but he did make several mentions that they scored plenty of cameos in their early days as a band.

My best guess right now it's because their flagship song, Welcome to the Jungle was used some time in the beginning of the movie, where Jim Carrey played an Axl Rose-like character called Johnny Squares. Check it out, I don't know whether we're supposed to laugh at this, or take it seriously.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!