Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Favourite Freaks; Wizards and Mutants

I got some news here, and as the title of this entry would have implied, I'm talking about yet another one of my most anticipated movies of the year, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [2011] slated for release on July 14th (Malaysia).

But before we get that, I also would like to share with you some photos of the upcoming X-Men prequel. Now, they're not exactly exclusive as I don't actually have any Hollywood insider feeding me information (duh!). But I chose to feature them here because I like the kind of impression we're getting from these rather new X-Men look;


One thing you would have immediately notice was the redesign of the costumes, separating it from the shadow of the Bryan Singer X-Men movies, taking it closer to the comic book realm without alienating fans who couldn't care less about the comic books (like me). I have nothing more to say about X-Men : First Class at the moment, I'm just waiting for the movie to be released so let's move on to Harry Potter for now.

No trailer had been released just yet, but there is this featurette I came across, and there are some footage from the next movie along with commentaries by the cast and the crew.


If that's not enough, here's a very impressive-looking fanmade trailer of the second part of the Deathly Hallows;


Frankly, I'm really really sad to see the franchise coming to an end, considering that I actually did grow up with the books and movies. I can only hope the ending of this movie is actually as powerful as the director said it's gonna be, and give us an ending befitting of the grandeur Harry Potter has accumulated over the past.

Why did I say that? Well, let's just say I didn't totally approve the way the books ended things; it was all too light-hearted and "kiddie" for a story that had progressively gone darker and darker with every book. I don't know if I wouldn't cringe at the sight of an adult Harry taking his children to the Hogwarts Express, children who were ineptly named after every other major character in the universe.

I don't know. It just didn't work for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!