Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ridiculous Trailer for Transformers 3

Despite its commercial success, I really couldn't care less about the Transformers movies, even more so than the Twilight movies. You see, at the very least Twilight gave me plenty of things to poke fun at. The Transformers movies? Well... There wasn't a single thing to care about!

Alright, two things to care about...
But you can't blame the studios, they're giving lots of people what they want to see. The commercial success and merchandising opportunities can only mean one thing; They will milk out the franchise as much as they can. But what I find to be so laughable about it is how Michael Bay kept trying to make the movies out to be more than what they actually are, and this third installment in the series is no different. Observe;


I was at the cinema when I saw this trailer, so there was no way I could have known it was for this coming Transformers movie. I tell you one thing though, that was a good trailer in the sense that it caught my attention, and got me curious about the movie as a whole. That is, until the 2-minute mark.

Even though it's purely fictional, I groaned audibly in the theater when the movie showed that the Apollo 11 was also on a secret mission to confirm the existence of the Transformers? Really... Classic case of Michael Bay selling the movies as something they're totally not. Think about it, the first Transformers [2007] movie was said to be a movie about "growing up". Something similar was said of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [2009]. What did we saw instead?

An orgy of destruction, CGI wankfest...
and people running helplessly for cover...
Don't expect Transformers: Dark of the Moon to be any different.

2 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

Regardless of how bad the Transformers movies are, I'm still gonna watch them because I love to see alien robots brawling and transforming and shooting at each other and causing damage to earth and those kind of shit... :-P

The same goes to Twilight fans... Even though the movies are so damn boring, they still gonna watch them because of EDWARD!!! and JACOBBB!!! and all those glittering vampire romance...

We are FANS!! Haha...

However, I do hope that the next Transformers would be better especially when Megan Fox is not gonna be in it... Yeay~ They say that it's gonna be quite "human"... Well, I hope so... The second movie was like written by a 6 year old (no offense to six year olds out there!)

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I doubt that there will be any credible human drama. They really don't need to place humans in the movies at all! LOL~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!