Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taylor Lautner's Non-Werewolf Role

If you don't know who Taylor Lautner is, then I'd rather not ask where have you been for the past five years. Love it or hate it, the Twilight franchise is big and not to mention, profitable. Don't worry, I'm not going to pick on any of the Twilight movies in this entry. I've done that many, many times in the past it's becoming a little sad to even do it just one more time.

What I'm going to talk about instead is this very impressive-looking new movie starring Taylor Lautner entitled Abduction, slated for release at the end of this year.


Taylor Lautner stars as Nathan Price, an average-looking high school student who doesn't feel so average. One day he stumbles upon a picture of himself on a missing-persons website, and it shatters everything he thought he knew about his life. Now he finds himself in pursuit by the CIA, who dubs him as a "high-value asset".

If that sounds like Jason Bourne in high school, that's probably because that's how it's going to turn out.

I know I made fun of Taylor Lautner as well, but you have to admit that this is a wise career choice for him. He certainly does look the part of an action hero, and who knows, he might just be this generation's Matt Damon. I certainly am open to that possibility.


But no, he's not the main reason why I'm excited about this movie. The producers knew that any movie starring a Twilight alumni is going to need some kind of a push for it to transcend the prejudice. Otherwise only those from Team Jacob will be lining up for this movie.

Check out the cast for this movie, it features some actors I really enjoy watching on screen; Sigourney Weaver, Jason Isaacs, *Stellan Skarsgard and Alfred Molina! Holy cow... I don't know if this is going to be good, but I'll be sure not to miss it and find out for myself. In the meantime, here's the newly-released trailer.

*[April 15, 2011. 3:56AM] Correction : Stellan Skarsgard will not be in this movie. I mistook him for some other guy from the trailer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!