Friday, May 6, 2011

Conan is Still a Barbarian, and That's the Way We Like It!

After hundreds of years of civilisation, there are some things that we prefer for them to stay medieval. At least in movies, that is. Well guess what? Conan is back and he's still a barbarian! That's a good thing, mind you. Because I wouldn't want to see Conan 3000 or something like that, with the likes of Robert Pattinson in the title role. No sir, this movie will get all medieval on your ass!

Owh... hell... yeah
I don't remember all that much about the earlier incarnations of the Conan movies, but as my friend here pointed out, the most famous of them all was the one starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. However the one that I really remember was the low-budget television series Conan the Adventurer [1997-1998], which was pretty lame by today's standards. But children of the 90's were a lot easier to please.

Remember this Conan?
Well enough about the past, let's get back to the reason why I wrote this entry. Conan the Barbarian is back and he's better than ever. A fresh face in Hollywood, the title character will be played by Jason Momoa and I must say, there's something about him that guys and girls alike will be drooling about;


Personally, I think he is the most badass looking Conan to date, and those scars were a particularly nice touch. You just know that this guy is a menacing warrior rather than someone who carries a big sword as an excuse to flex his muscles. But looks can only take you so far. How does he fare in battle? Well here's a newly-released trailer for you to gawk at;


I'm sold! It reminded me of the excitement I felt the first time I heard of Chuck Russell's The Scorpion King [2002] starring Dwayne Johnson (back then credited as The Rock). Nothing but sword-swinging and limb-chopping action. Yeap, after Red Riding Hood [2011], the medieval is cool again.

Details on this new Conan movie are as followed;

Release Date : August 25th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director : Marcus Nispel
Starring : Jason Momoa, Ron Perlman (!), Rachel Nichols, Stephen Lang, Rose McGowan (♥)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!