Monday, May 9, 2011

The Great American Hero

Several more weeks and we'll get to see the great American hero getting a movie of his own. No, I'm not talking about JFK. No, I'm not talking about Rambo either. I'm talking about that American hero who has the American flag all over himself. No, not Rocky! It's Captain America, duh!

Well, okay, alright. I get your point, there are so many of these heroes coming from Tinseltown showing us how feeble we are compared to the United States. And if you have been following this blog for quite some time, you can tell that I am easily turned off by jingoism regardless of where it comes from. However, there is one thing I'm excited about Captain America: The First Avenger [2011]; the World War II setting.


Once you get past the laughable implication that America won the war single-handedly, there is a potential of a good ol' superhero movie here. A good cast with Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci and Hugo Weaving having prominent roles, an underdog story, and attractive visuals. I particularly the look they gave to the title character.

A superhero with a vintage WWII look...
It does look like a costume superheroes of that era would have worn. Other than that, I have little else to say. I might like this one better than that other lesser superhero movie, The Green Lantern [2011].

Release Date : August 4th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director : Joe Johnston
Starring : Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Dominic Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci

2 comments:

Szeto Yan Ming said...

pst. WWI not WWII >.<

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Really? But it can't be... The movie is set in 1942.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!