Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Real Steel" = Robot Balboa

Last month we had a first look at the some sort of a teaser trailer for the upcoming Real Steel movie starring Hugh Jackman. That trailer left me blinking at the end of it, wondering who came up with the idea of placing Transformers rejects inside the ring and make a movie out of it. I didn't shun it, if anything I was curious. Boxing is, after all, my favourite sport. So I kept an eye out for more news about this movie and here's what I found;


I don't know about you, but I'm pumped! It seems to have everything that we have come to love about boxing movies, which may work for or against it, depending on how they work with the material. We have Hugh Jackman playing a down-on-his-luck trainer with debts to pay, a girlfriend to impress and a son who believes in him more than he does in himself. This, is where the human drama will come from. Judging from the trailer, I think it could work.

Ooh la la... Nice legs
The highlight is of course, the robot boxing itself. Go ahead and watch the trailer a second time, it's pretty cool really. Robots slugging it out mercilessly, and it might just appeal even to non-boxing fans who can't stand the sight of cuts and bruises. This part, even though it's a robot, could work as well because let's face it, we all love an underdog story.


Release Date : October 13th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director : Shawn Levy
Starring : Hugh Jackman, Kevin Durand, Anthony Mackie, Evangeline Lily, Dakota Goyo

4 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

This trailer is better than later one... Nice!! Now, I'm more interested to see it!!

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Right?! I feel the exact same way!

Halle Calypso said...

how can i resist u, hugh jackman...
swoon~

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

confirm dia akan shirtless lg kan, Alin? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!