Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tintin's Latest Adventure, and I Might Actually Give a Damn

I couldn't call myself a fan of Herge's most famous work, The Adventures of Tintin. But I do have some idea of what it's about since I once played a Tintin video game (I never finished it, though) and I simply love the very concept of it. The title character Tintin is a Belgian reporter with a knack for adventures. Along with his pet dog, Snowy, they travel the world while getting themselves involved in swashbuckling adventures and mysteries.

The cast of the original comic strips...
I'm not all too familiar with any story arcs they had in the comic strips, but I can only assume that they are trying to bring the charm of it into the big screen. Yeah, I can only assume because the teaser trailer left a lot to be desired. See for yourself.


Don't get me wrong, it caught my curiousity, and it had nothing to do with all the big names they featured all over the teaser. Names like Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Edgar Wright in particular made me go "ooh... ahh...". Although, what the hell was the trailer trying to sell to us? But then again, it was only a teaser trailer; which means it was meant to create hype rather than to let the audience on with the story.


So don't disregard this one just yet, especially once you consider that it does look kind of promising. The full title is The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn [2011], and a beautifully animated movie at that. One quick look at the official site says that the story will be something like a treasure hunt, therefore promising us with an Indiana Jones feel to the movie. Of course, you can't help feeling that way since Spielberg is the director.


There's little else to talk about the movie at this point, but here's the movie poster and some details to tide you by until a full-length theatrical trailer comes out.


Release Date : November 10th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director : Steven Spielberg
Starring : Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg, Cary Elwes

2 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

I used to love Tintin when I was a kid :-)

but looking at the trailer, I dont see any reason to be excited... It lacks the charm of the original Tintin... Maybe because it's in 3D...

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

True... But considering that Edgar Wright co-wrote the screenplay, and Spielberg's directing, I'd be willing to give it more than just a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!