Thursday, June 16, 2011

!@#$

You know, it's funny how people use swear words to make themselves sound tough. I know I know, I'm pretty foul-mouthed myself, but I use swear words as a form of expression. So yeah, for me they're just words. I remember this one time a guy ranted extensively at me while randomly inserting the F-word here and there, I can't help but grin while he was at it and laughed heartily about it afterward.


But then it made me think, "why is that so?" Aren't swear words meant to be offensive? Well my friends, I think this also has a lot to do with my near-obsession with movies. I love it when movies spare no expense when it comes to wanting their script to sound natural (yelling the entire time will do the exact opposite)

So while Tarantino movies are a lot more than just swearfests, you gotta admit the guy knows how to write a badass script without sounding like he was trying much too hard. I don't know how many times his characters dropped the F-bomb, but here's a look at Pulp Fiction [1994] - brilliantly edited by a person who goes by the name thecussingchannel - if the movie is nothing but "fucks, shit and goddamns";


Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Three minutes and twenty seconds' worth of nothing but swear words!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Thanks for the link.
I don't know man but i think Joe Pesci's still da King.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!