Sunday, July 3, 2011

The "3D" Musketeers, or Will It Fall Flat?

Release Date: October 13th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Cast: Logan Lerman, Matthew Macfadyen, Luke Evans, Ray Stevenson, Orlando Bloom, Milla Jovovich


Okay, this I'm not too sure about. My first impression is simply that this is going to be one of those big-budget "filler" movies. I don't know if it's a universal term, but when I dub a movie as a "filler", it means it's gonna be a movie you see because there's nothing else worth watching at the time. Furthermore this movie is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, a poor man's Michael Bay. Please note that I had long disowned Anderson since he murdered the Predator franchise.

If there's anything that will make it worth watching, I'd say it would be the impressive star-studded cast.


Yeap, I couldn't care less about the actors playing the titular characters, I was more intrigued by the fact that they have the uber-cool Mads Mikkelsen, Christoph Waltz, Til Schweiger and the ever-so-sexy Milla Jovovich in the credits.

By the way, notice that other thing going on in the trailer? Why did they have Milla Jovovich acting like she's in Ultraviolet [2006]? Don't get me wrong, I couldn't hate Jovovich in anything, but didn't it all seem so out of place? Oh well, let's just assume it will all make sense once the movie comes out. In a world created by the likes of Michael Bay and Paul W.S. Anderson here, literally anything is possible.


I have little else to say at the moment, but I would think of it as an epic fail if it couldn't surpass Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides [2011].

7 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

I think the marvelous effects should be better if the setting is in the modern era instead of ancient times...

But, who knows, maybe it would have the same charm as the latest Sherlock Holmes

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

do you mean Three Musketeers in modern times? Could be interesting also...

Zulfahmi said...

Yup~

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

True true... But we can't really expect much from Paul W.S. Anderson. The guy is like the Hollywood version of Uwe Boll.

They say Uwe Boll is a lot worse, but for me they are in the same league.

Anon said...

Orlando Bloom is Aramis yes? Judging from the Cross Locket he wears.

I think the most "recent" Musketeer movie i watched was The Man In Iron Mask. Surprisingly good Musketeer story it was, to me at least.

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

No, actually. Orlando Bloom isn't playing any of the musketeers. His character would be the Duke of Buckingham.

Dr. Ben said...

dah banyak kali buat filem ni kan? Ni versi ke berapa ek?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!