Friday, July 1, 2011

Second "Immortals" Trailer

I've never heard of director Tarsem Singh until rather recently, but after seeing the only two movies he has made thus far, I was instantly a fan and I can't wait to see his third movie called Immortals [2011]. The first trailer did a lot to reduce me into the male equivalent of an obsessive Twilight fan, and almost unbelievably, the second trailer managed to top even that, making me go "OMG OMG OMG!!"


I know at first glance it seems like many other swords-and-sandals movies before it, but hell, have you ever seen any of them being as remotely as hard-hitting as this? For once they managed not to play down to the audience and turn this one into another one of those CGI wankfest. For once, the CGI are used to aid the storytelling rather than the other way around.

No, this is a Tarsem Singh movie. Which means it will be like an art film without the pretentiousness.


Another thing worthy of note is the absence of the usually-colourful Tarsem Singh movie (although the costume remain elaborate). But I think it suited the tone and mood of the movie rather perfectly. No, I don't think it's a 300 [2007] rip-off. I just think they represented the bleak and dark world the characters are living in, where the gods are more preoccupied with their wars.

6 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

I cant wait to see the wrath of the four golden Titans!!

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

amen to that bro!

Anon said...

Greek Mythology's very alien to the average Malaysian.

To me, it's an interesting subject but at times, to complex. Only know patches of it (main source: encyclopedia/comics, and nowadays Wiki of course).

Going back to the trailer. Well, what can I say. Visually looks like 300 :)

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I know man, I'm a little obsessed by it. I love Greek Mythology, although I'm not saying I'm a walking Greek Mythology Encyclopedia. I just read about them a lot.

Johnny Blaze said...

How do you know this won't turn out to be another cgi wankfest? The trailer was littered with some of the most horrendous cgi I've seen in quite some time. To say this is not a blatant 300 rip off is also quite laughable. Looks like he nailed Zack Synder's aesthetic traits from the tacky filters, to the over use of of slow mo, etc. And yes, Tarsem's movies are quite pretentious to say the least.

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I don't know, I was speculating, judging by Tarsem's previous works.
It doesn't sound like you're a fan of his, so that explains your disdain for this movie. Me, I'm just the opposite.

Thanks for visiting, though. I always appreciate a feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!