Monday, August 29, 2011

Kate Beckinsale Sliding Back Into Leather For "Underworld: Awakening"

Release Date: January 19th, 2012 (Malaysia)
Director: Mans Marlin and Bjorn Stein
Starring: Kate Beckinsale ♥, Michael Ealy, India Eisley, Charles Dance

I was never really a fan of anything that feature vampires, may it be Buffy the Vampire Slayer [1997-2003], Charmed [1998-2006] or whatever. But I am somewhat a fan of Twilight, although for all the wrong reasons. There is another vampire-related franchise that I don't mind watching, and that is the Underworld series. Granted, it was mostly because I find Kate Beckinsale to be such an eye candy.

A really cute face and amazing curves. What more can you ask for?
So anyway, Underworld is prepped to make vampires and werewolves intimidating again, after being reduced to a bunch of pussywhipped douchebags by the Twilight movies. But before I go any further, have a look at the trailer for the movie;


So the Underworld movies have had a sequel as well as a prequel. This coming installment has been confirmed as the sequel to the 2003's Underworld: Evolution, taking place in present day where the humans are now aware of the existence of both vampires and werewolves, and they seek to annihilate both of them once and for all.

Now, a lot of sequels are made purely because of money, as evidenced by movies like The Hangover: Part II [2011], Cars 2 [2011] and Pirates of the Caribbean [2011]. While Underworld here might not be an exception, it seems that they have a solid enough storyline to make it worth the trip to the cinema. So it's probably just going to be a filler movie for me, still I think I'd be delighted to see it.

Oh yes, I will...

2 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

I'm so excited about this movie, I'm downloading the previous ones from the series just to recap on the story...

Anyway, this trailer reminded me of the Resident Evil series... Waking up from a long sleep in a lab... Hmmm...

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I'm not all that familiar with the Resident Evil movies. I think I saw only one; where they had some extensive action scenes at the desert. Can't remember which one :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!