Friday, September 9, 2011

If Zorro Was a Pussy... Cat


Release Date: November 24th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director: Chris Miller
Starring: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton, Amy Sedaris

We have seen the poster, but I don't think cinemas have started playing the trailer for it yet, although it was released ages ago. I'll get to that in a minute. In case you're in the dark about it, this spin-off to the Shrek movies actually serves as the prequel to the franchise well known for its redundant sequels. Ladies and gents, pray for mercy from Puss in Boots.

No, that's not him. That's my cat Garfieluddin...
Immediately you would notice something interesting about the casting, and that is how they paired Antonio Banderas with Salma Hayek once again, the first time since 1995's Desperado, I think. Of course, their on-screen chemistry was an important part of what made the action flick work, although I don't know if it would translate just as well in an animated feature.

No doubt, I could be wrong. Check out the trailer and decide for yourself.


By the way, do you think that Puss in Boots is really necessary? Even though history had taught us that Dreamworks had always been more than willing to milk the hell out of a franchise, Shrek 5 would have been a bit of a stretch even for them. So I suppose making a spin-off of this endearing character is nothing but a logical move.

Not that I'm complaining. I love pussy... I mean, cats.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!