Sunday, September 18, 2011

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Battles Cancer With Seth Rogen in "50/50"


Title: 50/50
Release Date: October 6th, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director: Jonathan Levine
Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anjelica Huston

Funny story about the title of this entry. I was tempted to take the easy route and say Joseph Gordon-Levitt Has Cancer, but then I thought it sounded too much like a cheap tabloid journalism trick, the kind that's meant to dupe people into buying their papers. In fact, I myself despise that kind of journalism, so I opted for that less deceiving title up there.

Anyway, this is also a movie that I've been looking forward to since sometime in March, along with Hesher [2011]. But now that I got the latter crossed off my list, I'm excited to know what's this one got in store. 50/50 is the story of a young man contracting cancer, and his subsequent efforts to battle it, all told with comedic overtones.

Have a look at the trailer yourself, it's all very very charming.


As you can already see in the trailer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays the leading role of Adam, the cancer patient. But what's equally as strong as the premise is the rest of the casting. We have Seth Rogen and his excellent comedic timing, along with two very very hot piece of asses, Bryce Dallas Howard and Anna Kendrick.

Don't you wish your girlfriend is hot like them? Don't lie now...
My only concern is this, notice that in the trailer, the movie was rated as Restricted which probably means bad news for the Malaysian audience. Even though I'm convinced that the kind of humour in this movie will not resemble the likes of The Hangover: Part II [2011] in any way - we all know how that movie got butchered - still I wonder if they will rob us of the racier jokes, much of the sexual content and drug humour.

But then again, the censors were relatively lenient for Conan the Barbarian [2011], sooooo... We'll just have to wait for the movie to come out, and I'll be sure to give you folks a little heads-up. Meanwhile, let's just enjoy the publicity stills.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!