Saturday, September 10, 2011

This Marriage Will Be The Death of Him... Literally


Title: Bini-Biniku Gangster (My Wives Are Gangsters)
Release Date: September 22nd, 2011 (Malaysia)
Director: Ismail 'Bob' Hashim
Starring: Intan Ladyana, Yana Samsudin, Shaheizy Sam

I must confess, the trailer peaked my interest because it does appear that they have a good story in their hands. Granted, it's not altogether original. In fact, the translation of the title alone would remind you of that Japanese (or was it Korean?) movie My Wife is a Gangster. I've never seen that one, but I think it hardly matters. Have a look at the trailer yourself and you can tell there's going to be some good moments in it.


You can't tell from the trailer, but there's actually a story in there. I must admit most of movie trailers made here in Malaysia don't make a whole lot of sense, because they tend to focus more on showcasing interesting snippets rather than letting us in on what the movie is going to be about.

But anyway, thanks to its Facebook page, you will learn that the movie is about a married couple, Manja (Yana Samsudin) and Herry (Shaheizy Sam). One of them has a dark secret and it's not the husband. Unbeknownst to him, he is married to the leader of a gang. Naturally, being a gangster has its own occupational hazards, and Manja is unable to conceive a child due to a past injury. As a way to maintain the illusion to her husband that they are a normal family... She gives him consent to take on another wife.

And that is where hilarity is supposed to ensue. If I may speak frankly, I still think it's a gamble. There's only like, 50% chance that I will enjoy the movie as a whole. But all the same I'm going to give it a chance and catch it at the cinema when it comes out anyway.

Besides, I think the chicks are pretty hot.

I know how you feel, bro... Lucky bastard

5 comments:

PerangFilem said...

mcm kelakar gak citer ni tp filem sahezei banyak sgt la...

Slipher,Sky said...

ive watch this, its comedy to b compared with korean my wife is a gangster, this is more interesting.
not to spoil any but, yeah those chicks real hot damn that lucky bastard lol

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

That's good to hear :) I'll be sure to catch it as well then.

misz_serene86 said...

Hi,
i watched this movie yesterday...
Really hilarious...
In fact, some of the audiences gave a big clapping when the movie ended....
Not a typical stupid jokes...

Saiazuan said...

the trailer look good..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!