Monday, October 10, 2011

Steve Jobs the Movie (?)

You can't say you didn't see it coming. After all, they made a biopic of Mark Zuckerberg's career, and the dude is still young and we can't really be that sure that Facebook is going to stand the test of time. It sounds like a stretch at this moment, but bear in mind that there was a time when everybody thought MySpace, and later Friendster were the pinnacle of social networking.

But when you talk about Steve Jobs, he was alive to witness the effect he had on the world. From the very first Apple Macintosh computer, when he created the typeface we all use every damn day and take for granted, and that's just one of the many, many examples. Sure, with all of his contributions to this Information Age, it certainly warrants at least one motion picture. But to do it after he's gone, it feels more exploitative than anything.


But it's true. The movie is indeed in the works, and ironically it is being spearheaded by Sony.

Although I have no Apple product anywhere in my household, that is not to say I don't look upon the late Steve Jobs with reverence. Let's face it, without Steve Jobs, there would be no Pixar; the innovative animation studio responsible for some of the world's favourite movies ever. Although it wasn't him who founded the company, he was very much responsible for taking the animation studio somewhere they wanted to go all along. And that somewhere is away from the norm.

Just like Apple, Pixar changed the world in their own ways.

Now, I might not be in total favour of a Steve Jobs biopic, but since who the bleep cares what I think, I figure it will be all for the best in the end. I even chuckled thinking how well-suited the role might be for actor Stanley Tucci.

A good actor AND he even look like the guy!

11 comments:

asrap virtuoso said...

let's just hope they don't rush making the movie to capitalise on his death... they should take time & make sure the script is good...

i'm both an apple & pixar fan so yeah i find him inspirational but beyond that, his life does make a pretty interesting story... from his biological mother giving him up for adoption, to his supposed adoptive parents wanting a baby girl instead... to conflicts at apple with jon sculley, the rivalry to bill gates, and the return of the prodigical son back to apple... its got the potential to be an epic... we'll at least it'll be better than "pirates of silicon valley"

and oh, yeah stanley tucci does look like him..

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Amen to that bro. Truly an inspirational figure, the kind that comes only once in a hundred years.

Sarah said...

do u have ym?

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

@Sarah
Say whaaaatt? LOL

Sarah said...

hahaha
i mean yahoo messenger id?

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I know what you mean, but I don't use ym anymore.
How about Twitter?

Sarah said...

MSN ?
i dnt hv twitter

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Owh, I don't have that either. Facebook, then? I'll let you know if I remember my ym password :P

Sarah said...

hahahah
i dnt hv fb acc.

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

No Fb, no twitter, huh?
LOL... It's like you're off the grid. But I'm really trying to remember my ym password. I'll let you know if I ever do :)

MGDA said...

have you remember your YM? hahahaahahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!