Monday, November 21, 2011

Bradley Cooper Looks Good In Those Boots

For most movie fans, the name 'Bradley Cooper' had long been a household name, but for plenty of people around these parts, they have only recently warmed up to him. So please hold on while I give myself a pat on the back for correctly predicting that he is going to be the newest addition to beefcake actors just like Hugh Jackman. Granted, it's not much of a prediction and leaning more towards the Captain Obvious territory, but just indulge me, will ya?

I have no life outside this blog.


So anyway, how did you guys find him as a leading man? The first time I paid attention to the guy was in He's Just Not That Into You [2009], and I immediately took a liking to him, even though I did poke fun at him soon after. Sure, he doesn't seem like he's going to be one of those dramatic actors sweeping a bunch of Oscars. But all the same he's an entertaining enough movie star to be seen on screen and I got curious to see how he would fare if he's to play a leading role, which he did in Limitless [2011]. I have no complains whatsoever, the movie worked for what it sought out to do.

Although, I was kind of hoping for him to play a non-smooth talker, non-alpha male type of character, the kind he has been playing for several movies like The Hangover [2009] or The A-Team [2010].

Therefore I was excited to hear his involvement in the remake of the cult classic The Crow [1994], despite my reservations on having it being remade at all. Sadly this excitement was short-lived as it has been reported that Cooper pulled out of the project due to scheduling conflicts. But not before images surfaced on how he would have looked like had he proceeded with the movie. Special thanks to Hollywood E! for the images.


Was that badass or what? Of course, I'm not saying he could have topped Brandon Lee or anything. All I'm saying is, it might have been cool to see him flex his acting muscles for a change and try to emote better than Lee did. But then again, Eric Draven walks a fine line between an action hero and an emo poster child; kind of like Dante from Devil May Cry rockin' out to My Chemical Romance. Which is to say, maybe somebody better who can do justice to the character will come along?

Still you can't deny Bradley Cooper looked good in that Eric Draven getup.

3 comments:

Az said...

Yeah, Mr Cooper is a good addition to the *ahem* tasty beefcake actors. =D

I think, Joseph Gordon Levitt can play Draven. He probably needs to put on some weight and workout a bit. Shouldn't be hard. =P

Who have you got in mind?

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

That's a very good choice, actually.

Of course, when you speak of Goth-like characters, I would have named Johnny Depp as my choice. But at the same time I don't want somebody too glamourous, so that's a no.

So yeah, I think you just convinced me simply by mentioning Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Zulfahmi said...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt FTW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!