Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back in Black, and In 3D Too


Movie Title: Men in Black 3
Release Date: May 24th, 2012
Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
Starring: Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Emma Thompson

It just occurred to me that film studios have been doing a lot of sequels, haven't they? I guess it's because I've spent so much time looking for diamonds in the rough, I inadvertently overlooked the fact that there never was any real shortage of it. In fact, out of ten of last year's highest-grossing films, nine of them were sequels, so it only makes sense that the same trend is going to carry on for many years to come.

Is that a bad thing? Generally speaking, no. In fact, this year alone I'm looking forward to see Wrath of the Titans, and also Underworld: Awakening, slated for release this coming Thursday (Ooh Kate Beckinsale ♥). Here's another sequel I'm adding to the list, made ten years after its predecessor, it's Men in Black 3.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not squealing excitedly like The Expendables 2 made me. I've always thought of the MIB movies as one of those enjoyable movies that I wouldn't really miss that much had they not been made at all. They're good as far as killing time is concerned, but I never thought it would go past two movies because, well... Just how long can they keep the jokes fresh?

Well, here comes the third one and I must say, although I'm not crazy about it, I can see that they have a good enough premise to grant it a third movie. As you can see from the trailer above, it involves time travelling and Agent J is going to team up with the young Agent K. Together, they will have to save the world once more while J discovers that there's actually a lot more to the universe that he thought he knew.

That's what I got from the trailer anyway, so they better have as much substance as I have been led to believe, otherwise I'm gonna have to write it off as a sequel made solely to benefit from this whole 3D craze.

And to see Josh Brolin do a Tommy Lee Jones impression for one whole movie...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!