Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Envious of Christian Bale

Sure, by now it's no longer news. Even though he was far from being the first to inflate or deflate for a movie role, Christian Bale's reputation of going for the extreme is almost legendary. I still remember how he went from being as leathery as the wings of a bat, to a certified beefcake after he signed on to play Batman. Don't get me wrong, I am aware that a lot of work must have gone into it.

But I get envious of him anyway because he makes it seem so easy to go from scrawny to brawny, and vice versa. Heck, don't take my word for it, check out this little compilation I've laid down for your viewing pleasure. I would have made a more extensive list, but Photoshop isn't at my disposal for the moment.

Reign of Fire [2002]
Weight: 80+ kg
The Machinist [2004]
Weight: 54 kg
Batman Begins [2005]
Weight: 86 kg
Rescue Dawn [2006]
Weight: 60 kg
The Dark Knight [2008]
Weight: 86 kg
The Fighter [2010]
Weight: 66 kg

5 comments:

Az said...

I know, right? The healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds/week - which means that you have to cut down 500 calories from your normal diet and exercise. This guy loses like 5-8 pounds a week and still can perform at his best. If I have to do such thing, I would probably have mental and physical breakdown and wont be able to move an inch. :P

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Wow, that's really good info. Gotta remind myself to check the nutrition facts before every meal from now on.

S said...

Oi, being sarcastic ya? =P

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Who, me?
If you're talking to me, I swear I wasn't. Hahaha...

I'm really trying to bring my waistline down :P

Zulfahmi said...

And he must buff up again for THe Dark Knight Rises

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!