Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hardy and Pine Battle It Out For Witherspoon


Movie Title: This Means War
Release Date: February 23rd, 2012
Director: McG
Starring: Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon ♥, Chelsea Handler, Til Schweiger

Here's a movie I've never heard of before until yesterday, but got really excited about it once I did. Probably because I was a little astounded that I have no knowledge about this movie even though there are exactly two people I really like playing the lead roles; The underrated (but fast becoming a household name) Tom Hardy and my number one favourite MILF, Reese Witherspoon!

Now now, I know that beneath all that big name actors and flashy special effects, the premise does seem to leave something to be desired. You see, the story is about two battle-hardened CIA agents who discover that they are dating the same woman. Few other things tear a friendship faster than jealousy, and our heroes get to experience what's that like first hand as they humourously try to foil each other's attempt to woo the lady.

Here, see the trailer for yourself;


See what I mean when I said that the premise seems to be just a tiny bit flimsy? But then again, I'm probably letting the calibres of Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon get to me, both of whom are known for their award-winning performances in the past. So having them both together in a movie this light might seem like they have been miscast, but I say let's give them and director McG a break, shall we?

I bet This Means War will be fun to watch anyway. If it turns out to be otherwise, I'll be sure to give you a little heads-up in my review of it.

3 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

It sure looks great...

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Doesn't it? Already looking forward to it.

mwaa2009 said...

er...it's directed by McG...I think I'll stay away from this one and wait for dark knight rising instead

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!