Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Because Vampires Are Supposed to be Gothic (Edited)

When stills of this movie surfaced on the internet, I clapped my hands and said, "That's how you do a vampire movie." Now, this is not going to be another one of those I-hate-Twilight blog entries because, well... I don't actually hate Twilight. At least 'hate' is not the word I would use. I'm just amazed by how stupid the whole thing was, and I had a great deal of fun mocking it.

Apparently a lot of people did too because that internal monologue I had when I saw the trailer to Twilight: Breaking Dawn [2011] remains as one of the most popular entries on this blog.

Anyway, like I said, this entry is about an upcoming vampire movie that I'll be sure not to miss because; One, the director is someone who actually understands the fact that vampires are supposed to be Gothic instead of pedophiliac romantic. Two, because starring in it is this guy;

Oh yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer's in it too. Lookin' much older but still hot hot hot...
Yes, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. That is who you think it is. He had prosthetics applied on his nose and chin, but that's Johnny Depp alright. Yes, I studied his face and just like you fangirls, I would recognise him anywhere. Don't judge me. Of course, the aforementioned director is none other than his frequent collaborator, Tim Burton and the movie is Dark Shadows.

They have yet to release a trailer for it, and all that I know about it so far is that it's a story about a character called Barnabas Collins (played by Johnny Depp) who is turned into a vampire by a witch, and she buries him alive. Centuries later, Barnabas wakes up only to find that his descendants aren't exactly better off than he is. While we wait for the trailer to emerge from the editing room, feast your eyes on the production and publicity stills.

(EDIT: Looks like I was a little quick on the trigger, the trailer came out a day after I published this entry. Here you go)


Anyone else reminded of Count von Count from Sesame Street?

3 comments:

Mabel Lai said...

Good share! Can't wait for the trailer!

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

Me too!

Neddo Khan said...

johnny... *drool*... depp... ngaaa~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!