Saturday, March 24, 2012

Indonesian Action Flick Set to Raid the Action Movie World

As disappointed as I am knowing that the critically-acclaimed Bunohan barely made a ripple locally (reflected in its box office intake), I'm happy for our neighbour down south because a movie of theirs caught the attention of foreign investors as well. Although I'm gonna have to say it seems like this movie of theirs is set to take on the world by storm. Ladies and gents, I present to you, The Raid [2011].


Yeah, that's not a typo. Technically it was released back in 2011 albeit it was pretty limited to film festivals. Slowly but surely the popularity grew from there through word of mouth and by now, pretty much everybody else but us Malaysians have yet to see it. No, don't worry, it has nothing to do with that love-hate relationship we have going on between our two countries. Based on what I've read about it, the distribution rights have been sold over here, so let's just wait and see.

So what is The Raid?

Based on what I've seen in the clips, it looks like it's going to be the most intense, action-packed movie since John Woo's Hard Boiled [1992]. In fact, I think it's going to be even more intense than the aforementioned movie because there are (seemingly) less gun battles, and more emphasis is given to close quarters combat. Figures, since the people behind this movie are the same as those who worked on Merantau [2009], and it also stars the so-called Indonesian Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais.

Heck, I don't think I need to say more. The movie pretty much sells itself. Here, have a looksie. If you're a fan of action flicks, you would not want to miss this!

Caution: They're pretty violent

International Trailer

Trailer for its U.S release

Movie Clips

2 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

Dammit... I've been waiting for this movie from last year...
I tried to download but I couldn't find the torrent...

Can't wait for to come!

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

You could watch the aforementioned Hard Boiled while waiting for this one to come out. Not the same brand of action, of course. But still an iconic, action-packed flick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!