Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Grand Theft Gaduh?


Movie Title: Berani Punya Budak
Release Date: April 26th, 2012 (Malaysia)
Director: Afdlin Shauki
Starring: Afdlin Shauki, Mike B., Supaksorn Chaimongkol, Adlin Aman Ramlie, Johan Raja Lawak, Awie, Nabil Ahmad

As disappointed as I am knowing that the masses aren't as crazy about Bunohan as I am, I guess I'm gonna have to be okay with it since even director Dain Said is cool with it. But then again, the movie is doing well overseas and years from now, people aren't gonna look back and say, "How awesome was Adnan Sempit 2?" No. It's Bunohan they'll remember. But anyway, enough bellyaching about that, here's an action movie from Afdlin Shauki that I know people are going to lap it up.

It's called Berani Punya Budak, and if it looks familiar to some of you, that's because it's a remake of a Thai movie called Brave, also directed by Afdlin Shauki. Frankly, I am excited about it since I like his body of work (although Misteri Jalan Lama [2011] wasn't my cup of tea) with Baik Punya Cilok [2005] being my favourite so far. Have a look at the trailer, it stirred the action movie fanboy in me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!