Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time Travelling Hitman


Movie Title: Looper
Release Date: September 28th, 2012 (Malaysia)
Director: Rian Johnson
Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Jeff Daniels, Paul Dano

I don't say it often enough (mentioned only in passing in this entry), but I am an avid fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. There was a time when I was not. I didn't immediately warm up to him, and I dismissed him as nothing more than a pretty boy actor, just like I did with Leonardo DiCaprio though to a much lesser extent. The other difference, I can't recall what movie was it that made me a fan. All I can say, his performances have been consistent in terms of quality.

Expect nothing less from this upcoming thriller where he'll be playing the younger version of Bruce Willis' character (or Bruce Willis playing the older version of the character, depending on your point of view) and I must say, it's pretty impressive judging by the trailer alone. I'm not really talking about the story, I'm more intrigued by how he nailed that Bruce Willis persona. It's all very subtle, which is why it worked. Here, see for yourself (try not to blink at around 0:32, or you'll miss it).

1 comment:

Zulfahmi said...

I sort of predicted that one of the convicts would escape but I really didn't expect to see Bruce Willis there! Hohoho...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!