Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Uh-mazing Lookin' Spider-Man Movie


Movie Title: The Amazing Spider-man
Release Date: July 5th, 2012 (Malaysia)
Director: Marc Webb
Starring: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Irrfan Khan, Chris Zylka

Wanna hear something potentially blasphemous? I have yet to see The Avengers. No, it's not because I don't want to go back on my words. It's not a matter of pride or ego. I don't know. I did go out several times this month, but every time I walk past a cinema, I didn't feel any sort of drive to give that movie a go. Besides, judging from the box-office intake of the movie, I'm guessing only Eskimos in the North Pole and I who haven't seen it.

Therefore I don't feel any sort of urgency at all.

Here's another superhero movie I'm a lil' on-the-fence about. Even though I'm not against the idea of reboots, one can't help but wonder if we really need another Spider-Man movie. Didn't they already say what they needed to say three movies ago? (Let's not wind the clock any further back than that) A little part of me is inclined to accuse them of coming back to cash in on the 3D technology. But... Then again...


On the surface it may not seem all that different from when Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man, but looking at how they're approaching the source material, I'll be sure to not miss this one. For the record, I'm not saying right now that it's gonna be spectacular. I just have a hunch, and I'm not ready to say it out loud yet. Come July 5th, we shall see.

P/S: Can't wait to see Emma Stone again. This time in her natural hair colour. Yeap, she's not a brunette.

3 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

I think they are remaking Spider Man so that they can put him in the next Avengers movie... The previous Spider Man movies are not own by Disney and that's why we didn't see him in the Avengers...

I'm with you on this one... I'm skeptical because I can't see anyone can play a better Spider Man other than Tobey Maguire...

Though, I love the first person shot in the trailer...

articmonkeys said...

@Zulfahmie yes Tobey did a fine role in Spiderman but ONLY THE FIRST ONE. The second he went downhill and the final is just plain ridiculous. To be honest, I'm glad that the finish off they last 3 trilogies.

And I can't bare to see him to be Spiderman again after that third film. What I'm glad about is Andrew Garfield as the Spider-Man, since Spider-Man is the skinny superhero we look up to.

Mamü Miguel Ellezda Vies said...

I agree with both of you. Both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Macguire brought something unique to the table. For example, Maguire gave that nerdy, socially-awkward flair to the role, and it was better suited to Sam Raimi's slightly cartoonish take on the source material.

This, however, seems to have a much darker tone. In retrospect, Andrew Garfield is an excellent choice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!