Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Sound City", a Docu by Dave Grohl

I don't know if it's apparent that music (rock music in particular) comes after movies on my What I Love list. I know it does in real life, but probably not here.

Perhaps now it will be? Photo courtesy of Raja "Apak" Faisal's Instagram
Granted, the two kinda complement each other even before the time when technology made it possible. But hey, you folks are smart. You know what I'm talking about. So imagine my excitement when I heard that Dave Grohl, formerly the drummer of the era-defining band, Nirvana, who now fronts another successful rock band, Foo Fighters. I'm not really a fan of either one, but I'm not one to nitpick so long as the guitars are loud.



Alright, back to the subject at hand... Enter Sound City, the studio where plenty of rock's greatest albums were recorded. They closed down back in 2011, and Grohl's purchase of one of its analog sound boards inspired him to share with the rest of the world about its history, as well as the human element of music and what it means to be a part of it all.

I don't know if they'll screen it here, where its historical significance might be lost on this part of the world, me included. However, it is available for purchase on its official site. Maybe some of you more well-to-do people can watch it and share with us the experience!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!