Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Overcompensating, much?


My feelings about this new Hobbit trilogy can be summed up like this; the legend of Bilbo is appropriately short just like the hobbit he is. But Peter Jackson, who loves to overdo everything, couldn't resist but strive for that level of epicness set by Return of the King back in 2003 (Good God, that was ten years ago!). If you ask me, the Lord of the Rings trilogy bowed out at the right time, i.e. at the height of its fame. Which was a good thing.

I went to see The Unexpected Journey [2012] purely out of curiosity, but also with an open mind. I didn't think it was a horrible movie, it was just really dull. Well, at least Jackson didn't lie about it. Sure, he didn't come out and say it, but it was pretty apparent that it wasn't because The Hobbit is a story that needed to be told, he's just all geeked out about shooting whole movies using those 3D cameras.

Well, here's the trailer for the next one. I probably won't go see it. I'll never say never, but I might only watch it if there's nothing else showing at the time.



By the way, is it just me, or Legolas looked kinda... Waxy? No, not sexy at all. I'm thinking it's probably due to that 3D thing. Not only Legolas was affected, but every action sequence where the characters are CGI'd in there looked somewhat cartoonish, don't they?

Well, at least Evangeline Lily looked super sweet as an elf. Wonder if they'll show her beautiful legs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!