Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"47 Ronin" Looks Borderline Sacrilegious

... and I'm not even Japanese.

I have no idea what this creature's supposed to be.
Movie: 47 Ronin
Release Date: December 24th, 2013
Director: Carl Rinsch
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Tadanobu Asano, Rinko Kikuchi, Hiroyuki Sanada

I don't know what made them think they need to spice up the already-interesting story of the Forty-seven Ronin with witches and CGI monsters. Seriously, the last time I was so baffled by a movie trailer was the one for Pecah. Sure, you could argue that straightforward adaptations have been done may times over in the past, but to my knowledge it has never been made at a scale as big as this.

Of course, it's too soon to make up my mind about it. After all, there's Keanu Reeves, whom I have a soft spot for. Also, there's Hiroyuki Sanada, Hollywood's go-to Japanese actor beside Ken Watanabe. Looks like there's Rinko Kikuchi as well, whom I've liked since Babel [2006], and quite recently became a household name after starring as the leading lady in the über-awesome Pacific Rim [2013].

1 comment:

Zulfahmi said...

I love CGI... So, I would love to go see this movie! But of course, the heart of every movie is the story...

No amount of CGI could match a well written story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!